Helping you spot the right opportunity for your investment growth.
Our approach towards handling your investments is derived from planning and research in the form of keen observation of the market. This helps you achieve your goal without affecting your investment structure too much.
Birla Sun Life Corporate Bond Fund is an open-ended income scheme, which aims to invest in high yield, corporate bond securities based on strong credit research & evaluation that seeks to generate superior returns, at acceptable levels of risk. Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company Limited offers the capability that is geared to capture that essence of accrual funds through its large fixed income team and its differentiated ability to manage corporate bond portfolios.
- Strong credit evaluation and monitoring
- Identifying opportunities
Investment objective of the scheme:
To generate returns by predominantly investing in a portfolio of corporate debt securities with short to medium term maturities across the credit spectrum within the investment grade..
Why Birla Sun Life Corporate Bond Fund?
The product seeks to invest in high yield corporate bond securities based on strong credit research & evaluation. The portfolio would invest in short to medium-term maturity with mixed credit rating. The fund is especially important for investors seeking stability of returns coming from higher present rates in light of the expected fall in interest rates in the market over the next few quarters.
Why should you invest now?
With interest rates trending down, it is prudent to plan a change of strategy and rebalance the debt portfolio by increasing allocation to accrual funds that predominantly invests in corporate bonds, debentures and structural obligations. This would help investors benefit from the relatively higher absolute yields in the short-term corporate bonds space which provide for higher carry (running yield) and roll-down effect over the medium term horizon.
Why Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund?
Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund offers the capability that is geared to capture that essence of accrual funds through its large fixed income team and its differentiated ability to manage corporate bond portfolios.
- The scheme intends to run the portfolio on an accrual basis which involves buying a bond and holding it till maturity, thereby earning the accrued interest
- The selection of bonds would be based on in-depth credit research and evaluation to benefit from higher yields available at balanced levels of risk
- Currently, the yield curves are flat to inverted in shape. With improving macros and interest rate easing, we intend to benefit from the steepening of yield curve (bull steepening) wherein, the short-term rates are expected to fall faster than the long-term rates, in turn benefiting the fund which intends to run short to medium duration